The “Volunteering for environmental education” project is a follow-up of another volunteering project implemented by FCASEC in the Dragasani’s community between 13.03.2017 and 12.03.2018 (see: www.greenlife.atrv.eu). This project was attended by 6 volunteers who have implemented voluntary activities specific to environmental education, environmental protection, and promotion of outdoor exercise.
The project addresses to a current issue of young people from the Dragasani’s community and the rural communities around Dragasani: the lack of involvement of young people in the democratic life of the local community, their lack of involvement in volunteering activities, lack of attitude towards environmental protection and demotivation to continue the necessary school studies that arerequired.
The main challenge of this project is the implementation of volunteering activities under the “Second chance” program, a program attended by the young people from Roma communities, young people who have never been to school or who have dropped out of their studies.
The specific objectives of the project are:
– Participation of a number of 10 volunteers with limited opportunities at a 12-month EVS stage, dedicated to promote the active participation of young people in the local community life and the protection of the environment.
– Personal and professional development of 10 volunteers with reduced opportunities through active participation in volunteering activities in order to offer support to 7 local communities.
– Promoting volunteering, outdoor movement and sports activities among 1,000 young people from 7 local communities in the southern area from Valcea County.
– Motivating a number of 50 young people from disadvantaged Roma communities to continue their studies under the “Second chance” program.
The outcomes and the results of the project will be:
– Performing a 12-month volunteering mobility for 10 volunteers who will acquire specific competencies and knowledge about environmental protection and ecological education, a stage that can be disseminated as an example of good practicesfor other EVS mobilities
– Promoting the concept of ecological education among 6 schools fromValcea County, which will allow 600 students to acquire specific competences in order to protect the environment.
– Greening the town of Dragasani and its surroundings, setting up an ecological information point in the city and making thematic hiking trails around Dragasani.
– Printing a brochureregarding traditions and customs fromDragasani’s area and traditions and customs from the partner countries of the project.
– Promoting the European Voluntary Service (generally) and promoting local volunteering, especially through information campaigns inValcea County and in partner countries.
– Making a brochure with non-formal education methods implemented within EVS service, methods.
The profile of volunteer is:
– age between 18-30 years old.
– number equal of boy and girls.
– young people interested to work on environment in order to promote healthy lifestyle.
-young people with fewer opportunities.
The CV’s and letter of motivation must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6.Sena Nur Maden-Turkey.